I loaded some pictures from my camera to the laptop this morning so people can see that yes, I actually do make the stuff I talk about.
Here's the edging I'm tatting for a dress I've already sewn. The edging is for the neckline and sleeve hems. For those of you who are familiar with tatting, that's a Clover brand shuttle I'm using and I believe the thread is size 10.
I finally got the house for the bass quilt finished. I've done a lot more work than is shown on this photo but the more recent photos had horrible lighting. I'll try again later. I painted the background fabric and the rest of the fabrics are commercial prints. The fabric for the lake is also hand painted but it's obviously not in this picture yet. I had really wanted to have this quilt finished before Dec. 2008 but that's obviously not happened. I have such a love/hate relationship with this quilt. The "hate" is that it's taken sooo long to do but honestly I will be sad to see it leave my hands though it's got a wonderful home waiting for it. The house pictured is the home of the people that commissioned it.
Lastly, here is a different dress I'm working on. I altered a jumper pattern from Simplicity by lowering the neckline on front and back so that I could insert the button down shirt. It's a way for the dress to have full sleeves without as many layers as the parts of the shirt that would be under the dress are trimmed away. It's been hanging on Babette, my dress form for probably close to a week now but when I do finally get around to it, it shouldn't take long to finish.
The knit fabric was something I've had in my stash for a long time, and the shirt was a recent aquisition from the Goodwill Outlet. I love that place. They sell things by weight so I go in, get a cart and pile in anything I think I can recycle into clothing or use in a quilt or some other useful thing. I once found a very well loved obviously hand made quilt. Things are extremely inexpensive, as they tier the prices. The more weight you purchase, the less cost per pound. I took it in to the quilt appraiser and she said it was from the 1890's and I think it cost me all of $2.00! I suspect a family was cleaning out an older relative's home and didn't know what they had. Sadly, there is no label on that quilt so I have no history on it.
Thanks for looking at my photos! I must say I really admire the people that post weekly or even more often and always have some wonderful eye candy on their blogs.
First Annual Cousins Tea - At Mary’s baby shower, back in March, Sweet Donovan is getting big! Also, Daddy has apparently taught him to do an eye roll. I suggested getting the exten...
23 hours ago